An expert suggests five ways to light right
Paying attention to lighting fixtures is a subtle way to keep your store
looking clean and modern. Display & Design Ideas magazine spoke
with Diana Mesh, director of product management for Zumtoel Staff Lighting
in Highland, NY, about the five most important trends in retail lighting:
- Recessed multilamp fixtures offer downlighting and a flexible track
in one fixture, creating a streamlined look.
- Compact fluorescent fixtures replace large fluorescent lights and incandescent
- Brighter ceilings replace "dark light" with increased use
of white reflectors and louvers and fewer specular louvers.
- Matte metal replaces shiny, chrome finishes on fixtures.
- Luminous panels in ceilings and walls combined with miniature downlights
for sparkle create a clean look.
by Stacey King
Copyright © 1999 by Bond Communications.