Gemstones & Pearls:News
Static Styles for Pearls
Diminutive looks and multiples
remain popular for spring
A recent seminar on pearl jewelry trends sponsored by the Jewelry Information Center and the Cultured Pearl Information Center showed what's old is new again. Dominant styles from past seasons including stations, illusion necklaces and solitaires still feature prominently in manufacturers' collections.
Styles that JIC and CPIC say you should continue to show your customers this spring include:
- Spare use of pearls, in stations or solitaire drop pendants on earrings, neckwires or chains.
- Multistrand collars and cultured pearl bibs.
- South Sea pearl solitaire necklaces in platinum accented with diamonds.
- Pastel pearls in pink, pistachio, plum and peach to complement spring's pale apparel palette.
- Nature-inspired motifs, such as pearl flowers, insects, leaves and all things celestial.
- Illusion necklaces strung on microcords making the pearls appear to float magically around the neck.
- Pearls joined with mesh, woven metal and lacey textures.
- Black pearl necklaces for men (at least for some).
by Lorraine M. Suermann
Copyright © 1999 by Bond Communications.