September 19, 2006
IGI Recognized as CIBJO Registered Laboratory
The International Gemological Institute (IGI) has been officially recognized as a CIBJO Registered Laboratory, announced CIBJO President Gaetano Cavalieri at the CIBJO Laboratory Committee meeting in Vancouver, Canada, in July.
CIBJO, which is the French acronym for International Confederation of Jewellery, Silverware, Diamonds and Stones, is the international jewellery confederation of national trade organizations.
In order for a lab to be a CIBJO Registered Laboratory, it must:
"CIBJO is a highly regarded organization that has contributed greatly to the industry over the last 80 years through its standards and practices and IGI is proud to be a CIBJO Registered Laboratory," says IGI President and CEO Jerry Ehrenwald, GG, ASA, in a statement.
- Be independent of any commercial or private enterprise, or groups of such enterprises
- Always be managed under competent professional direction
- Abide by all CIBJO rules without exception
- Work in accordance with the CIBJO publications The Diamond Book, The Gemstone Book and The Pearl Book
- Only issue diamond, gemstone and/or pearl reports, which are prepared in accordance with the CIBJO rules